Thursday 26 September 2013

Reconstruction Print Task

I used this poster (The Evening Standard) as it is a special edition of the newspaper and as my newspaper will be a special edition as it will be the first I thought it would be a good comparison to have and also a good way to know how to create a similar looing newspaper. 

To create this poster I created a box and used the 'picker' tool to create the same colour as the original poster's background by clicking on the background colour. I also used the same tool to create the orange and white box and changed the layers around so that it was behind the text but infront of the image. I used the 'Horizontal Type Tool' to create the text and changed it by clicking on the 'Horizontal Type Tool', selecting the text and selected the font type I thought looked similar to the original. I then changed the colour by clicking on the 'Horizontal Type Tool', then clicking on the text, then selecting the colour I wanted.

I then went on the internet to find the image which was used on the original poster as I would be unable to recreate the exact same image. I then pasted into Photoshop and stretched the image to make it fit, however when I did this it seemed to be over stretched and so I stretched the image until I thought it to be the right width and height and then I copied part of the image on the right hand side and placed it behind the image so that the model didn't look overstretched. Then by using the 'erasor' tool I made it look like it was the same image, as well as copying smaller parts from the left hand side to make it again look like the same image. I also used the smudge tool to make the copied layers blend into one image. For the black shadowing behind the text I used the 'brush' tool, selecting black and changing the opacity on it so it didn't completely obsure the image, so that you were able to read the text infront of the layer but also to imitate the original poster.

For the logo I was unable to recreate the image and so I went on Google and pasted it into Photoshop editing out the white background by using the 'magic wand tool'.

No comments:

Post a Comment