Sunday 27 April 2014

Question 2

2. How effective is the combination of your main product and ancillary texts?
  


My products are effective in that I stuck to the local newspaper brief and to the conventions of newspaper products and so my newspaper products must be effective in the sense that existing newspapers must be effective if they have audiences/readers who continue to sell into their products regularly enough that what they are doing to draw their audience is effective. So for my newspaper products I have used a unique colour palette (red, black, white and blue) yet still keeping  to the typical colour conventions of a local, North East, newspaper as they use simple colours and simple layout so as not to clutter the page and so as not to draw the eye in too many places. I have used this colour palette throughout my products as throughout my research I have found that by keeping everything the same colour it is effective in that it allows their audience to recognise it is their product, it makes it look professional and keeps a consistency throughout the products which gives the newspaper products a house style. Due to this flow from the front cover to the next page it will make readers want to continue reading which in turn will make readers want to buy another newspaper or visit my website.

I have used a simple layout for all of my products which is effective as they will all look similar which will give it a house style and also make it look connected but it will also be effective as certain articles/pieces of text/images will stand out on the page to make readers want to look and buy the newspaper, due to the layout of the front page of my newspaper, website and advert as it isn’t cluttered as by doing this it would make my target audience not want to buy into my product as their eye will de drawn to too many places and not focus on the important information which is key to selling newspaper products; price, which newspaper it is, who is it for and who has it got in.

I have also used the same logo/masthead, font style, articles and images as again it helps make the product look like a brand and like the newspaper products are like one but also that it is effective in that it makes my product look professional and keeps a consistency throughout the products which gives the newspaper products a house style. By doing this it also helps to keep my target audience connected to all of my products.

Throughout my products I have also used my logo (landmarks) as it gives the newspaper products consistency, makes it look professional and it is also effective as people from the North East will recognise the landmarks and it gives the newspaper an enigma in that they might question if their town or somebody they know is going to be featured in the newspaper which is effective in that it draws my audience in and makes them want to buy my product. I have also used my slogan/tag line throughout my newspaper products as it makes it look professional, makes it flow and gives the advert, newspaper and website a connection which my audience can recognise. 

Also with the combination of my newspaper products I will be able to appeal to multiple audience types as a person who isn’t very internet savvy can buy a newspaper or those who don’t want to buy a newspaper can go online to my website. 


Question 2: How effective is the combination of your main product and ancillary texts?

No comments:

Post a Comment